She was sold to a Portuguese firm and re-named the ‘Ferreira’. She served the next 27 years sailing between Portugal and its colonies. In 1920 she was sold again and re-named the ‘Maria Do Amparo’ and in 1922 she was re-fitted in London. Captain Dowman purchased her, raised the Red Ensign, and she came home again. In 1924 she was restored as a Tea Clipper but was presented by Captain Dowman's widow to the Thames Nautical Training College where she became a training ship. She was moved to Greenwich as an exhibit in 1951.