FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I arrange shipment of my model myself?
- Do you buy second hand model ships?
- Do you evaluate models?
- Do you make bespoke model ships?
- Do you repair models?
- Do you sell display case for ship models?
- Do you sell kits?
- Do you sell model ship plans?
- Do you sell model ship spare parts?
- How much VAT and import duty do I need to pay if I am abroad?
- How to clean a ship model?
- What is your returns policy?
- Where are your models dispatched from?
Can I arrange shipment of my model myself?
Yes, you can. If you would like to arrange shipment yourself, please email us to request the carton size and weight for your chosen model. Collection is from Bristol, BS34 8RD, United Kingdom. We'll securely pack your model for export.
Do you buy second hand model ships?
We're sorry but we don't buy second hand model ships in any form or size. We don't buy kits or models made from kits.
If you're looking for a place to sell your model ship, you could try eBay.
Do you evaluate models?
Unfortunately it's very hard for us to evaluate models based on pictures. You're better off searching eBay or Google for a model similar to yours in shape and size to find out how much you could sell it for.
The Model Boats Magazine is a great source of information about everything to do with model ships.
Do you make bespoke model ships?
No, we don't make bespoke models.
Do you repair models?
No, we don't repair models. Sorry!
Do you sell display case for ship models?
We don't sell display cases. If you're in the UK and looking for display cases, please check out these websites:
Do you sell kits?
We don't sell kits at all - and our models are not made from kits. We don't buy new kits from anyone because we don't sell them.
Do you sell model ship plans?
We don't sell model plans.
Do you sell model ship spare parts?
We don't sell model ship spare parts. If you're looking for ship model flags, model boat fittings, tools, accessories and consumables, have a look at the following websites:
How much VAT and import duty do I need to pay if I am abroad?
VAT rates and import duty vary according to each country. We recommend that you check on your own government website what those charges are. DHL will charge customs clearance as follows (amount may vary):
European countries: €14
How to clean a ship model?
Use a painter's brush or makeup brush to clean a ship model and remove all its dust.
What is your returns policy?
We offer a 15 day returns policy.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging and the customer must ensure that the item reaches us in perfect condition
- The customer is responsible for the postage cost when returning the item to us
- We'll issue a refund for the price of the item (the original shipping cost to send the item will not be refunded) one day after we receive the item back.
Please contact us by email or telephone before sending anything back to us.
Where are your models dispatched from?
All our model ships and nautical decoration are dispatched from Bristol, UK, via courier.
Please email us to request delivery charge to your country if it isn't listed in the tab "Shipping Cost".
Our address is 7 Kings Drive, Bristol, BS34 8RD, United Kingdom.
Phone: 0770 2965 152 (international 00 44 770 2965 152) or
Phone: 01454 250562 (international 00 44 1454 250562)
You can also e-mail us directly at: [email protected]
Please note: visits are by appointment only.